Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 1 (September 14, 2011) 5:44 a.m.

Today I finally embark on my journey to France. It seems like ages since I received the e-mail telling me I won an internship with Dorothee Alexander in Puycelsi, France. My excitement has been steeping since then. Last night I slept over at my friend Tina’s apartment so she could drive me to the train station at the crack of dawn before work. I slept quite well for the first five hours, however during what must have been my more dream-laden sleep time, I kept having travel related nightmares that had me stirring and jumping awake. I dreamed that I forgot my passport, however somehow had been able to get all the way to Spain where, instead of going onwards to Toulouse, I was made to take a plane back to the U.S. Then, I dreamed that they searched my luggage in customs and found bottles of wine I had not claimed, beautiful bottles mind you, which they proceeded to take from me. Terrible, a mortal sin I tell you!
             Finally, the alarm clock went off. I chugged an energy drink, in all its chalky Tums-like flavor, in order to get me through the six transportation modes I would have to survive in order to get to Southern France. Now, I am on a Poughkeepsie train bound for Grand Central Station in NYC. Once I am at the station, I will have to wait to catch a shuttle at 12:55 p.m. from Grand Central to JFK airport, NYC. Until then, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment